The United States of America was founded with the blood of patriots in 1776 after an 80-month Revolutionary War — for Liberty from tyranny so as to institute a Government By the People, For the People, and Of the People.
In 2009, that government died.
What Americans have today is Government By the Left, For the Left, and Of the Left. It is a rule of:
A MINORITY OF FAR-LEFT IDEOLOGUES:
The latest Battleground Poll of December 16, 2009, found that 63% of the American people describe themselves as “very conservative” or “somewhat conservative.” The rest of America — not just liberals, but moderates and people who were unsure about their ideology or chose not to respond to that question — total only 37% of America.
BRIBES to secure the last critical vote needed to get an unpopular bill passed:
- Pricetag of Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA): $300 million
- Pricetag of Sen. Ben Nelson (D-NE): federal subsidizing of costs of Nebraska’s Medicaid expansion “forever”; total unknown, but more than $300 million.
- Pricetag of Sen. Christopher Dodd (D-Conn): $100 million for construction of a university hospital.
- Pricetag of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.): $10 billion in new funding for community health centers. For others, go HERE.
- Pricetag of Joe Lieberman (I-Conn): still to be revealed.
EXTORTION – Threats by none other than the President of the United States against uncooperative legislators:
- Obama to Rep. Pete DeFazio (D-OR), who voted against climate change and the stumulus: ““Don’t think we’re not keeping score, brother.”
AGAINST THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE:
Obama and the Democrats are determined to ram through their socialist agenda even though poll after after poll show a majority of Americans oppose:
- 57% of voters nationwide say that it would be better to pass no health care reform bill this year instead of passing the plan currently being considered by Congress. Only 34% think that passing that bill would be better.
- 66% of voters prefer a smaller government with fewer services and lower taxes over a more active government with more services and higher taxes.
- Plunging approval for Obama: As of Dec. 20, only 26% of the nation’s voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. 41% Strongly Disapprove.
And they say Third World countries are corrupt….